Holiday & Term 2 Swimming
- Registrations for Easter Intensive Classes are due by Monday the 19th of March. Please see the website for details.
- Expressions of interest for our Term 2 swimming block have closed. Thank you to those who have contacted us. Registration for Term 2 swimming will be opening to all next week. Further information will be provided as soon as possible. Keep in mind that our pool will be heated by the start of Term 2!
- Club Championships are on this Friday night with an earlier start time of 5pm.
- All race nominations have closed and no new nominations will be available on the pool deck. Races have already been formed and programs printed. These will be available on the night for a gold coin donation.
- If your child would like to warm up the pool will be open from 4.30pm.
- There will be no skills sessions this Friday afternoon.
- We hope to take a club photo at 4.45pm. As mentioned previously we will post this photo on our webpage and possibly in school publications, so if you do not wish your child to be a part of the group photograph please let them know not to participate.
- We still require volunteers on Friday night for the Canteen. We hope to share the workload so any help (an hour or two) would be greatly appreciated. If you can help please email email@example.com. Assistance is required from 4.30pm.
Please be aware of the more formalised rules surrounding Club Championships and speak with your child regarding these:
- Swimmers will compete according to age on the Blocks (as per Swimming Qld’s standard meet rules)
- All swimmers must wear caps in the pool at all times.
- Starts will be over the top except in backstroke –swimmers to stay close to the wall holding onto the lane ropes with caps on
- Swimmers must touch the wall with two hands in both Breastroke and Butterfly.
- We will have two judges working during the evening. Incorrect technique will not be disqualified but places will be adjusted at the discretion of our judges.
- Places will be decided by the Judges and not by the swimmer’s time. Judge’s decision is final.
Age Champion and Club Awards will be presented at our Season Break up on Friday the 23rd of March. The night will commence at 6pm with Awards, novelty racing and games. The Canteen, Bar and BBQ will be in full swing and it should be a fun night out for all.
We look forward to seeing you all tomorrow night for an exciting night of racing!